The Andover Nursing Home is registered as an 87-bed nursing home providing 24-hour nursing care by qualified nurses. The Care Quality Commission rated the home as Outstanding under our previous proprietors in January 2017, under our new ownership we are due to be re inspected. The home has also received a Commend accreditation from The Gold Standards Framework, a Quality Hallmark award reflecting the homes commitment to highly personalised care.
As well as general nursing care for the elderly, the home has specialist facilities for those living with dementia. Other residents may have physical disabilities, learning difficulties or require dedicated treatment for disease, disorder or injury. The age of residents spans five decades.
Matron Louise Makepeace; who has managed the home since 2012; has built an exceptional team of nurses and carers who share her person-centred approach to providing exemplary standards of supported living in a happy, homely setting. Bright personalities and strong communication skills are highly valued and the majority of care staff have advanced NVQ/Quality Care Framework qualifications. All are encouraged to enhance their skills and knowledge through continuous appraisal and professional development programmes.
The Danebury Unit provides support for 42 residents who need support with everyday living and physical care needs and those residents with early onset dementia. It is located on the ground and lower ground floors and caters for varying levels of dependency. The Rooksbury Unit occupies the upper floors and is home to 45 residents who may have a dementia-type illness or other mental health conditions. With its dedicated staff, sensory walls and reminiscence areas, Rooksbury delivers specialised care in a bespoke, safe environment.
- Qualified Nursing Staff on duty 24 hours a day
- Double rooms available for couples with similar or differing care needs
- Individual assessments of need in consultation with family members
- Specialised equipment including electric hoists, pressure relieving mattresses and full size lift access to all floors
- All staff trained to understand how it feels to live with dementia
- Doctors in regular attendance with option for local residents to remain with existing GP
- Stimulating activities programme designed to promote mental and physical wellbeing
- Retained physiotherapist to assess physical needs and encourage independence
- Visiting dental and chiropody services
- In house Yoga instructor